IBD Certifications created the Input Approval Program to evaluate the possibility of using commercially available commercial inputs in accordance with the main organic production guidelines (US, European, IFOAM, Japanese, Canadian, Brazilian and Demeter Standards). It has its own unique worldwide guidelines and procedures that guarantee safety, credibility and reliability to approved inputs and to producers and companies interested in their use.
In order to ensure greater credibility for this program IBD follows the procedures stipulated in ISO17065 and is one of the few worldwide certification programs for inputs following this procedure.
Through this Program, company producers now have an important consultation tool to identify the main inputs for their activities, ensuring sustainability and success in organic production.
The Approval Program evaluates inputs in accordance with agricultural production, food processing and organic livestock standards, and is intended for manufacturers, importers and distributors of inputs located in Brazil and abroad.
USE IN AGRICULTURE:
- Mineral and / or organic fertilizers and soil conditioners;
- Pesticides for the control of pests, diseases and spontaneous plants;
- Postharvest inputs (sanitation and sanitation);
- Other inputs for use in agricultural management (cleaning irrigation system and equipment; insect traps; among others)
USE IN LIVESTOCK:
- Feed formulation ingredients;
- Supplies for veterinary treatment;
- Ecto and endoparasite control inputs;
- Inputs for sanitizing equipment and animals;
USE IN FOOD PROCESSING:
- Non-organic agricultural ingredients;
- Non-agricultural ingredients;
- Pesticides for pest control;
- Supplies for sanitizing equipment and organic foods.
Requirements for Approval
During the evaluation process IBD performs the following activities:
- Documentary audit;
- Audit of the production process in the input production unit;
- Collection and analysis of samples taken at the input production unit and / or in the market;
For an input to be approved the company must:
- Be in compliance with public agencies (City Hall, ANVISA, MAPA, IBAMA, among others);
- Be with the input registered in MAPA and / or ANVISA for commercialization according to the purpose of use;
- Ensure absence of prohibited substances / raw materials;
- Do not use prohibited production techniques;
- Ensure that the contaminants are within the limit (microorganisms, heavy metals, among others);
- Have quality control that ensures the maintenance of input characteristics;
- Have traceability control.
Step by step
Step by Step Producer Group
IBD CREDIBILITY GUARANTEE:
- International accreditations for access to the organic market worldwide;
- Confidentiality policy to protect the confidential information of approved inputs;
- Team of experienced professionals specialized in the certification of organic products;
- Transparency with disclosure of all inputs approved on the IBD website.